Sending résumé in Word’s .doc is an annoying trend among job applicants. I strongly suggest if you’re going to send your résumé through email, save your résumé as .pdf format unless they are the one’s asking you to send as .doc format. It would be even better, if you provide .pdf and .doc document in the email attachments.
What is PDF?
Excerpt from Wikipedia on PDF,
Portable Document Format (PDF) is a file format proprietary to Adobe Systems for representing two-dimensional documents in a device independent and resolution independent fixed-layout document format.
In one short sentence, your résumé will look a lot more clean and professional.
Transform your .doc to .pdf
You have few choice to publish or republish your résumé into PDF format. You can either use:
- OpenOffice.org Writer
- Choose File – Export as PDF.
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, point to the arrow next to Save As, and then click PDF or XPS.
- In the File Name list, type or select a name for the document.
- In the Save as type list, click PDF.
- Click OK.
- Click Publish.
- CutePDF Writer
Let’s start changing it!